Admissions Process Chart
The processes outlined below are managed and administered by the central Admissions office, in collaboration and consultation with school Principals.
1. Applications for Admission
Applications for admission are accepted at all times during the school year. Applications must be completed online through the school website. If there are no places available at the time then the application is placed onto the school's registration list.
2. Invitation for Assessment
When a place becomes available then the school will contact the first eligible applicant and invite them to attend an assessment.
3. Procedures for Assessment
All invited applicants will undergo assessment. The specific nature of this assessment is the responsibility of the school, and the relevant details are mentioned below.
• For KG and Grade 1, the test is a general one in English and Number work/ Mathematics and non- verbal clues may be used.
• For Grades 2 and above we conduct CAT4 digital testing via an online platform ( the fourth edition of GL Assessment's Cognitive Abilities Test that assesses a pupil's ability to reason with and manipulate different types of material through a series of Verbal, Non-Verbal, Quantitative and Spatial Ability tasks ) .
For applicants based locally, assessments will be undertaken at the school premises.
Abroad assessments : For applicants currently outside the UAE, we can arrange these assessments abroad for your child (ren). Once you provide us with the contact details and email of the Principal or English teacher of your child's current school we will liaise with them with regards to the assessments. However the evaluation and grade placement will be done by us. Please note that the assessment fee is applicable for both onsite and abroad assessments.
Where appropriate a face-to-face interview may also be undertaken with the relevant school authority.
The following documents are required at the time of assessment:
• Transfer Certificate from the previous school for overseas transfers, attested as per the requirements of the KHDA.
• 3 passport photos (student)
• 1 copy of passport with a valid UAE residence visa (parents & student)
• 1 copy of birth certificate (optional for Grade 2 and above)
• Previous 2 years full school reports or transcripts
• Copy of immunisation records
It is mandated by the regulatory authorities of the UAE that on enrolment the Emirates IDs of student & parent require to be swiped at the machine at our admissions/front desk. Once this registration is approved by the KHDA parents will be invited by the school to electronically sign the Parent School Contract as the final step of the student's official registration.
Parents and students of age 15 years and above ,are required to sign the Parent School Contract for each academic year
4. Procedures for Assessment
4.1 All invited applicants will undergo assessment. The specific nature of this assessment is the responsibility of the school, and the relevant details are appended to the end of this policy.
4.2 For applicants based locally, assessments will be undertaken at the school premises. If this is not possible then the assessment will be undertaken online under the supervision of a qualified teacher, where applicable.
4.3 Those below the age of 5 may be given an oral assessment.
4.4 Where appropriate a face-to-face interview may also be undertaken with the relevant school authority.
4.5 The following documents are required at the time of assessment:
• 1 photocopy of birth certificate, passport, visa, and Emirates ID card
• Latest 2 years full school reports or transcripts
• Photocopy of immunisation records
• 3 Passport photos
5. Service Standards
The admission process for each child needs to be completed within 5 working days of the assessment if the student is based in Dubai. To achieve this goal, the following process and service standards have been defined:-
• Responding to parents after receiving the application - 1-2 working days
• Receiving test results from admissions/teachers - 3 working days
• Communicating the outcome to parents - 5 working days (from the date of the test)
6. Registration Fees
All applicants who are invited for assessment are required to pay a non-refundable assessment fee of AED 1000.
7. Selection process
7.1 Following assessment the school management will decide upon whether a place is to be offered or not, based upon all of the information from assessment and provided in the application.
7.2 The decision taken by the school is final, and all admissions follow the guidelines and regulations set by the KHDA.
7.3 Parents / guardians must respond to an offer within 7 days of receipt in order to secure the place.
7.4 Prior to admissions, Transfer Certificate (attested where required) is to be submitted.
SEN Admissions policy
Our policy is in line with Federal Law 29 (2006) regarding the education and outcomes of students with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities.
Applicants with Special Needs are assessed by the School's Counselor/Special Education Needs Co-ordinator. The file is then reviewed by the Head of Section/Principal who decides if the school is adequately equipped to meet the needs of the child. The Head of Section along with the SEN Co-ordinator discusses the matter with the parent and they come to an agreement with regard to the placement and accommodations required.
English Language Learning support:
ESL support is provided to primary students who require English Language support. These applications are flagged by the admissions team for further evaluation by the ESL Co-ordinator and the level of support required is determined. The final approval for admission is given by Head of Section/Principal.